Pride and Prejudice French

I know I've been absent for the past few days.

But hey, who isn't during this period of holiday?

Woo~~!!! (Still on Holiday)

Reporting from Paris, today I have witnessed the longest queue at the Lourve in history. Two major factors: Last day of long Christmas holiday in France AND the entrance fee to the Lourve was free today (as in Sunday, January the 3rd, god knows why).

Hence skipped the tour of the Lourve entirely and decided to go back tomorrow and pay the full fee cause didn't want to cramp it up with another 23 millions people inside a 16km long concealed gallery. Besides, I've been to the Lourve many years ago.

And instead, we went to visit the biggest LV store in the world on Champs-Élysées (world's most popular high fashion street if you don't already know) and bought an LV bag (not for me if you must know).

Anyway, for my twitter updates on the 1st day of 2010, I have some interesting updates to share.

Let me log into my twitter account and copy these down here.


# I don't know about the French, but they are the rudest people in this world.
3:04 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# They never smile, hardly friendly and just downright rude. Especially the males.
3:04 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to a fast food chain, the lady just blackened her face all the way even when we're smiling so nicely at her when buying chicken wings.
3:05 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to a supermarket, got cursed at and pushed aside roughly by a tall French man for standing in his way in the aisle.
3:06 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to a restaurant, wanted to pass a msg to d chef tht d chicken was too dry, waitress just shrugged & said: sorry we can't do anything.
3:07 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to Starbucks, returned a hot chocolate for a remake becoz it was too diluted, the cashier ask us to queue up again to buy another one.
3:09 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to a shop in Disneyland to buy sumthin, wanted to cancel an extra order, was told to leave becoz it takes time 2 make cancellation. o.O
3:11 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# I mean seriously, he could have just cancel the wrong transaction and make a new purchase for us right?
3:12 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to a hotel we booked online, was told the price we paid on net was not d price they r going to charge us. Either we pay more or F off.
3:13 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Oh btw? the restaurant i mentioned earlier, we paid 65 euro EACH for the meal. and that was the service we got.
3:15 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# what else? I can name a bundle.
3:17 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to a hostel in Marseille, French host never smiled at me during d 3 days I stayed there bcoz i didn't say "Bonjour".
3:17 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# In fact, he let me carried my own luggage up 5 flight of stairs to my own room, which was the most expensive room in their hostel.
3:18 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to an apartment in the same city, another French guy just watched me lulled my heavy luggage down 5 flight of stairs too.
3:18 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Talk about UN-gentleman! RUDE and RUDE!
3:19 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Went to the tube information to ask for a direction, the lady just shrugged and declined us in French instead of trying to help us.
3:24 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck

# Overall, Paris was lovely.
3:25 PM Jan 1st from TweetDeck



Wow! That must be the longest twitter streak I've ever done.


Little commercial break here. Try a twitter streak updates with the new package from Celcom which allows you to update unlimited times in a day/week for just RM1 per week. In fact, you can allocate five numbers to a single twitter account and update like crazy.

Think of a live twitter updates. Cool eh? Maybe the next you know, they'll create a show on twitter where the followers can "read" a performance or a match just through twitter. erm... that's an idea...


OK. Back to my point.

But honestly, I have not realised how bad the French can be until now. It's strange since this is my fourth time in Paris and it is only now that I am experiencing the sucky French attitude.

I mean, my lecturer went to Paris years ago and came back telling me how shitty the French can be, I was skeptical, afterall, I've been there, and it wasn't that bad.

BUT OH MY GOD. How wrong was I. They are bad. SO VERY HORRIBLE.

Their services sucks, their attitude sucks, their hospitality sucks, and even some of their food sucks, the worst part? You can't even criticize their food, they'll just throw shits back at you, how it is YOUR problem not knowing how to appreaciate their food. Jesus.

Not in the twitter, just yesterday as we were crossing the road, a rusty old car, which was driving on the right side of the road, suddenly swerved to the left side of the road where we were standing, intending to HIT us on purpose (I saw the driver's expression and purposeful action with my own two eyes) and then opened his mouth to curse at us inside the car.

Like what the F? Did you own the road or something? Are Asians not allowed to walk in your country or something?

Come on, stop being such nationalists because your pride for your country won't bring you any further from where you are now. Still singing about the past on how great your country once was? Well, if Napoleon was so great in the 18th century, he got defeated by the English okay? And the British are FAR NICER by a thousand times than ze French.

*huff puff huff puff*
At least the lady at the LV store today was nice to us. And she's French born Chinese. *roll eyes* (Speaking of which, there was this really nice guy who let us through on the street today and when we smiled at the driver, we realised the car number plate was from England *more eyes rolling*)


Still thinking I'm being racist? Really. I have more than enough cases to back my facts up. Even the immigrants here admit that the French has one of the most sub-standard (this is an understated phrase, I'm trying to be nice here) hospitality services one can find in any first world country.

Need black and white. Fine. Go to hostelworld.com and check the best hostel/budget hotel/guesthouse you can find in Paris, the highest rating you can find is 82%.

best hostels in paris


And this is bad because the best hostel in one of the top tourist destinations in the world shouldn't contain these sort of reviews!

bad review 3
Tell me about it dude. Same shit happened to me.


bad review 4
This is understantable, some hostels don't offer this sort of services. But stil, staying in the same room without cleaning. ew...


bad review 1
Oh.. sleazy and rude? That's such a typical French.


bad review 5
Rude and ignorant. What is new?


And then there's this retarded overly "nice" customer who gave a 90% when two of the three comments he left was negative.

bad review 2


Basically, the food was shitty. You can read about that part in other people's reviews. But I can't access them now and can't be bothered.

Well do you want to live in a dirty unclean hostel with rude staff that serves sucky breakfast and running the risk of your laptop and ipod stolen from your room because the staff can't be bothered to fix the dodgy door or care about your lost?
(if you're able to go to the previous page of the review section, you'll be able to read all those stuff, not sure why but when I try to load the second page of review today, it just won't work)


What about the good reviews you say?
That I can't be biased and just show you all the bad reviews? Well, here are the good ones, and I'm not particularly choosy since I can't access the second page of the review though I could yesterday. So these were the latest feedback as this post was written.

good review 1


good review 2


good review 3


Generally, the good reviews were short and sweet. In fact, too short for comfort for a feedback percentage as good as 90%. I won't be surprised if most of them are ghost comment leavers by the staff of these hostels themselves. Not something surprising and definitely something very common.


So maybe you can think that no one is perfect. People makes mistake sometimes. Right. Then tell me how did all these hotels can do it? Check out rating for best hotel in Portugal.

portugal top rated

The reviews are mostly very refreshing, nice, good natured and VERY informative, if not detailed. I stayed there few weeks back, and I LOVED IT!


Even Singapore can do so much better.

singapore top rated


No, in fact, even services in developing country Malaysia can top that of Paris.

malaysia top rated




Well, that's French attitude to you.

They don't care what happen to you, and it is your problem that shit happens to you even when you are dining in their restaurants, staying in their hotels or walking on "their" streets!


Speaking of which, I have finally covered the final Disneyland around the world! Yay~~ *pops champagne*
That's LA Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, & Paris Disneyland! Am I missing any one out?

So that's only leaves me Disney World in Florida and Disney Sea in Tokyo. *rubs hand*


ps// It's not that I have not met nice and friendly French people, but the ratio of somewhat a 1 out of 10 you meet. I'm serious. The seemingly nice ones can be really fake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...