Beyonce Fires Manager Father Mathew Knowles


Papa Knowles is out as the puppeteer behind the hit career of his pop powerhouse daughter, singer Beyonce Knowles.

Beyonce’s publicist, Yvette Noel-Schure, broke the news in a statement to The Associated Press on Monday. Mathew Knowles helped kickstart his daughter’s career as a teen in the groundbreaking girl group, Destiny’s Child, and oversaw her rise to international celebrity as a solo artist. He even managed her successful fashion career and shephered her through a lead role in the hit Austin Powers comedy Goldmember, Cadillac Records, and the Academy Award-winning Dreamgirls. The duo have been the subject of rumors of strife ever since Mathew split from Beyonce’s mom Tina after 30 years of marriage and fathered a son with a Los Angeles woman.

Beyonce stressed her devotion to her father on a personal level in a statement, but did not give a reason for the split: “I’ve only parted ways with my father on a business level. He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me.”

Mathew also got personal in a statement of his own: “We did great things together, and I know that she will continue to conquer new territories in music and entertainment. Business is business and family is family. I love my daughter and am very proud of who she is and all that she has achieved. I look forward to her continued great success.”

Former Child of Destiny Kelly Rowland parted with Knowles as her manager in 2009. Fellow ex-bandmate Michelle Williams followed a year later. For now, Knowles says he is going to focus on Music World Entertainment’s remaining roster of artists, including Trin-i-tee 5:7, Brian Courtney Wilson, Juanita Bynum, Micah Stampley, Vanessa Bell Armstrong, Pastor Rudy, and younger daughter Solange Knowles.

No word if Beyonce’s superstar businessman husband, Jay-Z, will take over the reins of running her career.
The star is presently working on the follow-up to 2008′s I Am … Sasha Fierce.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...