Rob Lowe ‘feared being bullied over acting dream’


Rob Lowe has spoken of how he used to fear being bullied for wanting to be an actor. The 47-year-old was born in Ohio where he said he felt terrified that someone would ‘beat the living s**t’ out of him for his career aspirations. But he moved to Malibu during his childhood where he made friend with Charlie Sheen and Sean Penn, making him feel more comfortable about his desire to be an actor. “When I was in Ohio, I was the only person I knew who wanted to be an actor,” he explained to Empire Magazine. “This is pre-’Glee’. It was definitely not cool to be different. But in Malibu I uncovered this group of kids who also wanted to be actors. And they just happened to be the Penn brothers and the Sheen brothers. And better, they only lived a few doors down from me. “I thought, ‘Wow, here are people with the same interests that I have. And they’re not actually going to beat the living s**t out of me for having them’.”

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...