A Thai Folklore

Once upon a time, there was an old man.

old beggar


He was poor and lonely.

He didn't have any family and had no body to love.


One day, an archer came hunting in his jungle. The hunting dogs picked up his scent and started chasing him.

The old got scared so he ran and climbed up a tree to escape the dogs.

beggar on tree


The archer arrived on the spot shortly after the dogs that were barking furiously underneath the tree. He looked up and saw no prey but a frightened frail old man.

archer and hunting dogs


But archer took pity of the old man and decided to take him home to give him food and shelter for a day. Turned out the archer was no average archer, he was the Royal Archer. And he stayed in the palace.

So the old man followed him back to the palace and there he met the prince.

prince and beggars


A noble kind man himself, the prince listened to the old man's story as he talked about his unfortunate lonely life.

"Here's some magical essence, drink it, and you won't be hungry for ten days" said the prince, "Tell me, what can I do to help you?"

"I'm so lonely, I have nobody to love in my life. You're so lucky, you are rich, young and powerful. And everyone loves you. If you give me your sons, I won't be that lonely anymore."

The prince was shocked at the request. But thought about what the old man said. The prince knew that he himself was a blessed person, whether of status or of wealth. He was in deep thought a few days, when finally, he decided that he must do the right thing.

So he gave the old man his two beloved sons. Along with some money.

But the old man was not what he seemed to be. He was a greedy man.

old man and the kids


He ill-treated the children and he didn't work. When he finished all the money the prince gave, he decided to sell the children for food.

But he was smart, he went to the one person who would give anything in exchange for the children.

The King.

begging to the king


The king was a loving man. He loved his grandchildren and will grant the old man any wish to get back his grandsons.

The old man was so happy he asked for a feast, to eat as he desired.

old man eating


He ate and ate and ate....

And finally...

BOOM!


His stomach exploded.

old beggar died of eating


And he died.


The end. wtf.



I mean like.. WTF?!

Several things in the story above concerned me.

1. How can someone who gives away his own children be noble and kind?!

2. So the old man's greedy and lazy, big deal. Most people are. But when granted a wish in exchange for the kids, he asked for food??! He could have wealth, power, anything.... but he chose food?!

3. Stomach exploding???????


This figurine story was displayed in the wax museum park I went to in Ratchaburi.

I do wonder, what if I was made into wax and infused into the story.

Wow, me, inside a folklore story. My name will live on forever! :D


I decided to carry an experiment.

I will cast myself in the story.

Ready? Let's go.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It started with me and the old man.

me and old beggar


Both lazy and bored, we sit around and stare into blank space everyday.

One day, an archer came hunting in the jungle.

And I got shot.

archer and me


Apparently he mistaken me for some kind of animal.

So he took pity of us and brought us into the palace to heal my wound.

The prince heard of his archer's treacherous incident in the jungle, so he came to visit us.

prince and beggar and me


The old man talked about his life to the prince while I was kissing his skinny ass at the side, because he was so handsome. And powerful. And rich.

Instead of marrying me as one of his concubines, we were returned to the peasant world with two of his sons. like wtf. What did the old man ask from the prince?

me tied to the kids


We were being used as child labors by the old man, working our heads off day and night for a quick buck. But the old man was so spend drift, he finished up all our hard earned money and in the end decided to sell us.

He begged the King for food, but instead of selling all three of us, the king only wanted his grandchildren back. So I was stuck with the old man again, but at least now he was granted to eat till he's satisfied.

tsk tsk


I started lecturing him because I was the "victim" and the "nicer character" in the story.

But he didn't care. He just ate and ate and ate.

And BOOM!

His stomach exploded.

And being revengeful and hungry myself.

I ate his stomach.

yummy intestine


The End.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now that's a story.


Let me end this entry with a scary photo.

red scary image


You know what's the scary part? This photo is totally unedited.



Disclaimer: parts of the story was fictional, no offense if the actual story differs from what was told here. Nicolekiss does not hold responsible for any damage implied. There was no description on these statues, only heard roughly from a Thai guide.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...