Selena Gomez Determined to be a Movie Star


Selena Gomez says she is more committed to pursuing an acting career than to make music.

The Disney star is set to debut her first feature film, Monte Carlos, in theaters on Friday, Jul 1, 201.

Speaking with the Chicago Tribune, Gomez compared her singing career and acting skills.

"For me my music is fun. I don't really take my music that serious. I love inspiring people and I love making good music, but I don't stress about it. I don't think I'm ever going to win a Grammy, and I'm OK with that. Acting is something I work really, really hard on that I throw myself into a situation where I do work 18 hours a day. And I do hope to see longevity. And I hope to be rewarded with really great people and great actresses and people I get to work with, so I hope [that's what happens]."

Though 18-year-old Selena recently released a new music album, "When the Sun Goes Down," on Tuesday Jun 28, 2011, she says she'd rather be acting than singing in the years to come.

"I do enjoy my music; I'm very passionate about the music. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't be able to sing and tour and all of that's really fun. I just think for the sake of when I'm 20, 23, 25 and I'm a little bit exhausted, I think I'm going to stick to acting."

Selena will be on tour this summer promoting her music.

The former cast member of the Barney and Friends show, does admit her transition to Hollywood films may be challenging.

"…I don't know if I will be able to make the transition because it's going to be a hard one, and there [are] probably a lot of adults that probably don't take me seriously in the film industry. But at the same time I'm not a ballsy kind of girl."

Selena has admitted, in the past, to be inspired by former fellow Disney star, Shia LaBeouf. Selena recently told Billboard that she wants to follow in Shia LeBeouf's footsteps. The Transformers series hero, LaBeouf too started out with the Disney channel and successfully transitioned to films as an adult star.

Reacting to recent media headlines such as 'Bieber Supports Gomez At Premiere,' while promoting Monte Carlo in NYC, Selena said she would have preferred the reports to focus on her acting and film.

Selena is eager to earn a place in the movie business, but is cool with her boyfriend getting more attention, for now.

"That's fine. Comes with the job. Obviously I don't want that to be the title. I had a very fun night with Leighton and Katie and we were there promoting our movie, so obviously I wish it was more about that."

Selena says she is not picky on what kind of roles she wants to take on: "I'm open to all of it. Comedy, drama, romance, thriller, all of it...Obviously I wouldn't do another series, but I don't dislike the channel. The channel has done a lot for me, so I would say I want to keep my relationship with them. If there's a film opportunity that comes up that I think is good I'll do it."

Gomez plays a good-hearted Texas teen, Grace, who impersonates an obnoxious British heiress, Cordelia, on a trip to Paris with her BFF (Katie Cassidy) and stepsister (Leighton Meester).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...