astonbury 2011 Headlining Performance

Rock fans fell “Crazy in Love” with Beyonce as the R&B diva made history as the first female singer to headline the Glastonbury Music Festival’s main stage.

“I want you all to know right now you are witnessing my dream,” Beyonce told an audience of 50,000 at Sunday’s show. Wearing a low-cut gold sequinned top, the 29-year-old told the crowd: “I want you all to know right now you’re witnessing my dream. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for having me and my band tonight. I always wanted to be a rock star and tonight we are all rock stars. I want you to forget about your worries, forget about your troubles. I want you to get lost in this music tonight.”

The set included most of Beyonce’s biggest hits, including “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It),” “Irreplaceable,” “Naughty Girl,” and “Baby Boy.” The leggy songstress also covered Alanis Morissette’s “You Oughta Know” and paid homage to the ’80s pop duo the Eurythmics’ with her version of “Sweet Dreams.” Beyonce also rattled through a list of her Destiny’s Child charttoppers, including “Independent Women,” “Say My Name,” and “Survivor.” With the set slowing down, she performed a ballad version of Kings of Leon’s “Sex On Fire.”

Bey’s hubby, rapper Jay-Z, was in the crowd to cheer his wife on, along with their pal Gwyneth Paltrow. The hip-hopster was a controversial choice when he headlined the festival in 2008 and Beyonce said watching him perform had inspired her to appear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...